Saturday, May 9, 2015

Co7ers - My Choices

OK, well I think all the votes are in now, although we haven't been issued the results, but I think that means that I am safe to talk openly about things without fear of giving anything away.

I'll probably end up doing a few posts, but the main purpose of this one is to talk about my choices, which were ... Hurricane Love and Space.



I can't really say a lot about Hurricane Love as this is the only track by them that I like. It pretty much typifies everything I like in a song - a strong driving rhythm, a few layers of sound, great melody and great harmonies. A bit of variation in the levels - i.e a quiet bit in the middle.

OK and now Space:



Again, I just think that this is a cracking song and I think that this is a cracking version of it. I know there are some amongst the club who think that this is sufficiently different from the original to make it worthwhile. I'm not sure I completely agree - it's definitely got their stamp on it, and I think to have varied the structure or the tempo would have made it worse.

I've just had another thought! Why the hell didn't I go for Goldbug - Whole Lotta Love? So many excellent covers. Oh well.



I'm looking forward to results day.

No comments:

Post a Comment